Calling php function using button onclick

Wordpress

I am using the following html button

<button onclick="ga_cal_change_status(2300)"/>

and I want to call the "my_message" php function from onclick event ga_cal_change_status(2300) passing the value 2300. I am using the following code in functions.php file

<?php 
    add_action('wp_footer', 'ga_php_cal_change_status');
    if( ! function_exists( 'ga_php_cal_change_status' ) ){
        function ga_php_cal_change_status($entry_id){
            ?>
                <script>
                function ga_cal_change_status($entry_id){
                    console.log("ga_php_cal_change_status %d", $entry_id);

/* how can I call here the bellow function */

                }
                </script>

            <?php 
        }   
    }


function my_message($myid) {
    echo $myid;
}

Is there any suggestions how to do this with javascript? Thanks a lot Elias

Share:

Post a Comment

Designed by OddThemes | Distributed by Blogger Themes